What we learned is that our readers have a strong involvement and relationship with the magazine, a fact that underscores the quality of our readership and the dedication you demonstrate toward your work and profession. Among the survey results that particularly emphasize our readers' dedication are:
• More than 9 out of 10 recipients (90.4 percent) are regular readers who have read at least three of the last four issues. Most (80.3 percent) also are thorough readers who read one-half or more of each issue.
• On average the publication has 2.9 readers per copy - an excellent pass-along ratio.
• The average reading time for each issue is 55 minutes - nearly double the average reading time for typical trade publications.
• More than 90 percent (90.7 percent) say that D&WC is valuable as an educational resource magazine.
• A great majority, 90.3 percent, find the advertising in D&WC useful as a source of information and 89.8 percent have taken one or more actions as the result of seeing an advertisement in the magazine during the past 12 months.
Included with the survey were pages and pages of readers' comments as well as ideas and suggestions for future article topics. Starting with this issue, you'll see some of these suggestions in black and white - and, of course, color! We've redesigned our graphics, putting more emphasis on fashion, with bigger photographs, plus updated typography and colors for an increasingly sophisticated and contemporary look.
We're also beginning expanded coverage on the complementary interior fashions many of you have told us are important to your business - accessories, wall coverings, bed coverings, upholstery and area rugs - as well as examining design techniques for offices, apartment buildings, health care facilities and hospitality spaces. Yet we will continue to deliver the no-nonsense and practical business management and marketing information vital for your business' future growth.
We thank all of you for your interest and support of D&WC, support that has kept the magazine strong and growing nearly 16 years. The survey results speak volumes about your dedication to the field. We're proud to be a part of your information network and look forward to many more years of working together.