The WCAA will host a member networking dinner at 7 p.m. at Maggiano's Little Italy on September 9, 1999, in Chicago, IL. This is an excellent opportunity to meet other WCAA members and share any ideas and stories with others.
Dinner tickets are $35 until September 4 and $40 thereafter. Please call the national office at (888) 298-9222 to make a reservation.
NEW MEMBER BENEFITS
The WCAA continues to update and strengthen member service programs that are designed to save members' hard-earned dollars. Two new benefits have just been added.
• The WCAA has negotiated with Transportation Logistics, Inc. to provide substantial discounts on all inbound and outbound freight shipments. WCAA members will be able to save a minimum of 56 percent of carrier's intrastate rates and 52 percent of carrier's nationwide rates.
• A second added benefit is the addition of a listserve program, ResourceQA, which allows all WCAA members to share ideas and thoughts via e-mail. All e-mails sent to ResouceQA are forwarded to all WCAA members who are enrolled and each recipient has the opportunity either to respond back to ResourceQA or simply to read and learn.
If you are interested in taking part in either program or becoming a WCAA member, please contact Mark Nortman at the national office at (888) 298-9222.
As the most comprehensive, single educational program in the industry, the WCAA certification program requires a minimum of six weeks self-study in preparation for the examination, so don't miss out by being too late.
When you register for the program, you are immediately sent the study materials, so don't wait until the last minute! Listed below are the upcoming testing locations and dates. Contact Mark Nortman at the WCAA office to register or for more information.
• Sept. 9, 1999, Chicago, IL
• Sept. 25, 1999, Asheville, NC
• Jan. 26, 2000, Las Vegas, NV
• April 15, 2000, Baltimore, MD
NEW WEB SITE
The WCAA has launched a new Web site at www.wcaa.org. This site contains information about member benefits, local chapter news and events, certification program information as well as an upcoming product library to order books and sales aids.