The WCAA continues to update and strengthen member service programs that are designed to save your hard-earned dollars.
• The WCAA has negotiated with Transportation Logistics, Inc. to provide substantial discounts on all your inbound and outbound freight shipments. As a member of the WCAA, you will be able to save a minimum of 56 percent of carrier's intrastate rates and 52 percent of carrier's nationwide rates.
• The second member benefit is the addition of a listserv program, ResourceQA, which allows all WCAA members to share ideas and thoughts via e-mail. All e-mails sent to ResourceQA are forwarded to all members enrolled and each recipient then has the opportunity to either respond back to ResourceQA or simply read and learn.
If you are interested in taking part in either program or becoming a WCAA member, please contact Mark Nortman at the national office at (888) 298-9222.
As the most comprehensive, single educational program in the industry, the WCAA certification program requires a minimum of six weeks self-study in preparation for the examination, so don't miss out by being too late. When you register for the program, you are immediately sent the study materials—so don't wait until the last minute!
Listed below are the upcoming testing locations and dates. Contact Mark Nortman at the WCAA office to register or for more information.
• November 13, 1999, Portsmouth, NH
• January 26, 2000, Las Vegas, NV
• April 15, 2000, Baltimore, MD
• June 10, 2000, Austin, TX
DRAPERY YARDAGE FINDER AVAILABLE
The WCAA announces the addition of The Drapery Yardage Finder to the list of educational and sales aids available to the window coverings industry. It is an easy-to-use, reliable guide to drapery and pleated valance yardage. It works with both plain and pattern-repeat fabrics and estimates for 45-, 48/50- and 54-inch fabrics with three choices of fullness for each size. It also makes all seam, hem and heading allowances, so no calculations are necessary.
If you are relatively inexperienced or not confident about yardage estimating, please call the WCAA at (888) 298-9222 to order one today.
NEW WEB SITE
The WCAA has launched a new Web site at www.wcaa.org. This site contains information about member benefits, local chapter news and events, certification program information as well as an upcoming product library to order books and sales aids.
The Window Coverings Association of America (WCAA) is the only national non-profit trade association dedicated to the retail window coverings industry and to the dealers, decorators and designers who are its members. For more information on becoming a member and member benefits, contact Mark Nortman, executive director, 2339 Meadow Park Court, Maryland Heights, MO 63043; (888) 298-9222, www.wcaa.org.