• Austin-The next chapter meeting will be March 18, 1999, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at Dick Clark's American Grill. For more information, contact Michelle Treichel at (512) 301-0822.
• New England-The next chapter meeting will be March 11, 1999, at 7 p.m. The meeting will feature a presentation on feng shui. For more information, contact Carol Sackler at (508) 481-6324.
• St. Louis-The next chapter meeting will be March 4, 1999, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at To the Trade. For information on the meeting contact Jo Ellen McDaniel at (314) 993-4884.
• Philadelphia-The next chapter meeting will be March 17, 1999. For more information on the chapter or meeting place, contact Marie Beattie at (610) 255-5359
• New Jersey-The chapter held a meeting on March 23, 1999.
For more information, contact Elaine Sylvester at (908) 850-3016.
• Maryland-The chapter will be attending the "Second Homes & Weekend Living Show" at the Washington Design Center on March 18, 1999. For more information, please contact Teresa Grysikiewicz at (410) 757-9200.
WCAA BREAKFAST AND KEYNOTE
Karla Nielson is the keynote speaker at the WCAA Breakfast & Award Ceremony on March 26, 1999, in conjunction with the International Window Coverings Expo in Atlanta, GA. Nielson will present an invigorating look at the history, present and future of the interior design profession-a delightful breakfast seminar you will be glad you attended. You will come away inspired, uplifted and enthused to make life better for yourself and those you serve.
Tickets will be $20 in advance or $25 at the door. For reservations or information, contact Mark Nortman at (888) 298-9222.
The breakfast is sponsored by: The Blind Maker, Lafayette Venetian Blind Co., D&WC magazine, Messe Frankfurt, and Window Fashions magazine.
DRAPERY YARDAGE FINDER.AVAILABLE
The WCAA announces the addition of The Drapery Yardage Finder to its list of educational and sales aids available to the window coverings industry. It is an easy-to-use, reliable guide to drapery and pleated valance yardage. It works with both plain and pattern-repeat fabrics, estimates for 45-, 48/50- and 54-inch fabrics with three choices of fullness for each size.
The Yardage Finder also makes all seam, hem and heading allowances, so no calculations are necessary. If you are relatively inexperienced or not confident about yardage estimating, please call the WCAA at (888) 298-WCAA to order one today.