The WCAA is proud to announce the following new additions to its growing list of Industry Partners. As an Industry Partner, they support the mission of the WCAA to make available educational opportunities, to encourage a code of business ethics and to work for the betterment of the industry.
• Hunter Douglas Window Fashions, Upper Saddle River, NJ, is the premier manufacturer of custom window fashions including window shadings, privacy sheers, honeycomb and pleated shades, horizontal and vertical blinds and clutch-operated window shades. Check out its Web site at www.hunterdouglas.com for additional information.
• Kwik-Affix Products, Jacksonville, FL, is the exclusive distributor of Kwikbond hem tapes, iron-on functional tapes for soft window treatments, hanging systems for pole draperies, the innovative Thread-Thru Lining for soft shades and Pollyanna workroom irons with overhead hanging systems. It manufactures and distributes fusible backings and bonding materials, lamination equipment and production lines to laminate custom fabrics, wallpaper, aluminum and other materials used in the fabrication of vertical blinds and roller shades. Call (800) 685-5945 for more information.
• Parkhill International is a manufacturer of adjustable swags and tails templates, training manuals and videotapes. For additional information, contact Scot Robbins at (615) 391-5772.
• Scroll Fabrics, Smyrna, GA, is a manufacturer of custom quilted bedspreads, comforters, dust ruffles, pillow shams and quilting by the yard. All products are manufactured with C.O.M. For further information, call (800) 3-SCROLL, or visit its Web site at www.scrollfabrics.com.
As the most comprehensive, single educational program in the industry, the WCAA's Certified Window Treatment Consultant Program requires a minimum of six weeks self-study in preparation for the examination, so don't miss out by being too late. When you register for the program, you are immediately sent the study materials—so don't wait until the last minute!
Listed below are the upcoming testing locations and dates. Contact Mark Nortman at the WCAA office to register or for more information.
• January 26, 2000, Las Vegas, NV
• February 12, 2000, Corona, CA
• April 15, 2000, Baltimore, MD
• May 13, 2000, Kalamazoo, MI
• June 10, 2000, Austin, TX
DRAPERY YARDAGE FINDER AVAILABLE
The WCAA announces the addition of The Drapery Yardage Finder to the list of educational and sales aids available to the window coverings industry. It is an easy-to-use, reliable guide to drapery and pleated valance yardage. It works with both plain and pattern-repeat fabrics, estimates for 45-, 48/50- and 54-inch fabrics with three choices of fullness for each size. It also makes all seam, hem and heading allowances, so no calculations are necessary.