Vendors and suppliers have an opportunity to gain customers.
Few positive discussions ever start with those words, but this could be the exception. In February, www.DWConline.com asked, “How best would you describe your relationship with vendors?”
• One-third of respondents said they were happy with their vendors and suppliers and planned no changes.
• One half, however, reported they were looking to add one or more new vendors or suppliers. Here is where opportunities lie. New customers are looking and receptive (see Comments below.)
• Of those looking to add new vendors only 17 percent said it was because they were unhappy with one or more of their current suppliers and were looking to replace them.
• 17 percent of respondents said they were looking to reduce the number of vendors they work with for whatever reasons.
• “[I’m] always looking to create relationships with a new vendor/supplier…”
• “I am really looking for a great bedding workroom. I have used the same one for many years. But, they are limited as to what they will do.”