When it comes to getting leads on new customers, the majority (40%) of respondents to November’s D&WC online poll told us they look to home shows.
We asked visitors to www.DWConline, “Which marketing program draws the most customer leads?” and provided nine options, plus “Other.”
For getting your company name and products in front of lots of people, home shows can have much to offer: mass marketing using a pool of funds created by exhibitors; a draw of homeowners looking to improve their surroundings; and an opportunity to see many homeowners in one or two days from one location.
Significant are programs that were not selected by respondents. They were:
• Yellow pages—being used less often
• Direct mail—can be expensive if not properly targeted
• Local television, radio, cable TV—expensive, hard to track
• Designer show houses—good for high-end clients,
but not for volume of leads
• Internet (including Web sites, e-mail and e-newsletters)
—surprising as this can be very effect in today’s market.