As the most comprehensive, single educational program in the industry, the Certified Window Treatment Consultant Program requires a minimum of six weeks self-study in preparation for the examination, so don't miss out by being too late. When you register for the program, you are immediately sent the study materials—so don't wait until the last minute.
Listed below are the upcoming testing locations and dates. The cost of the program is $245 for non-members and $185 for members. Contact Mark Nortman at the WCAA office ( 298-9222) to register or for more information.
• August 19, 2000, St. Louis, MO
• August 26, 2000, Asheville, NC
• October 14, 2000, Providence, RI
• February 2, 2001, Las Vegas, NV
• March 16, 2001, New Orleans, LA
• May 18, 2001, Wilmington, DE
DRAPERY YARDAGE FINDER AVAILABLE
The WCAA announces the addition of The Drapery Yardage Finder to the list of educational and sales aids available to the window coverings industry. It is an easy-to-use, reliable guide to drapery and pleated valance yardage. It works with both plain and pattern-repeat fabrics, estimates for 45-, 48/50- and 54-inch fabrics with three choices of fullness for each size. It also makes all seam, hem and heading allowances, so no calculations are necessary.
If you are relatively inexperienced or not confident about yardage estimating, please call the WCAA at (888) 298-WCAA to order one today.
NEW INDUSTRY PARTNERS
The WCAA is proud to announce the newest addition to its growing list of Industry Partners. Industry Partners support the mission of the WCAA to make available educational opportunities, to encourage a code of business ethics and to work for the betterment of the industry.
• United Supply Co., Charlotte, NC, is a distributor of Kirsch drapery hardware, Conso decorative trims, Graber® drapery hardware, Nanik wood blinds, Makita drapery motorization, Roc-Lon® drapery linings,
K-Blair finials and Stiffel lamps. For more information please contact them at (800) 334-1207 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Blinds & Designs Inc., Wixom, WI, is a full-line fabricator of Hunter Douglas products. It also distributes Joanna and Magnolia shutters, Phifer Wire Products, Stout fabrics, drapery hardware, drapery treatments and bedding products. For additional information, please contact them at (800) 686-2546 or e-mail email@example.com.