The WCAA is proud to announce the following new addition to its growing list of Industry Partners. As an Industry Partner, companies support the mission of the WCAA to make available educational opportunities, to encourage a code of business ethics and to work for the betterment of the industry.
• Visionary Concepts, Inc., a Connecticut-based company known for the development of the MASTERVISIONS overlay systems. Since 1990, the MASTERVISIONS window treatment and decorative pillow overlay systems have aided window treatment specialists from all over the world to effectively and accurately communicate their design ideas and workroom order specifications. Special pricing will be available for all WCAA members. For detailed information, call (800) 452-8246; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.visionaryconcepts.com.
As the most comprehensive, single educational program in the industry, the Certified Window Treatment Consultant Program requires a minimum of six weeks self-study in preparation for the examination, so don't miss out by being too late. When you register for the program, you are immediately sent the study materialsŃso don't wait until the last minute!
Listed below are the upcoming testing locations and dates. Contact Mark Nortman at the WCAA office to register or for more information.
• April 15, 2000, Baltimore, MD
• May 13, 2000, Kalamazoo, MI
• June 10, 2000, Austin, TX
• August 26, 2000, Asheville, NC
• October 14, 2000, Providence, RI
SIXTH ANNUAL AWARD CEREMONY
The WCAA's 6th Annual Award Ceremony will be held from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 15, 2000, at the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, MD.
This year's keynote on success strategies will be presented by Kathy Goodenbour. Take your life to the highest level imaginable by implementing the ideas you will learn in this session. Pursue personal excellence by learning practical solutions that work in real life. Come prepared to be re-invigorated about your chosen profession. Learn hard-hitting ideas that will make a difference in your business. Goodenbour has seen the window treatments industry from the retail, wholesale and journalism sides. She has lectured across the country and understands design concepts and workroom procedures. As an owner of her own business from 1989 to 1997, Goodenbour knows the pressures placed upon the business owner. In her current job of sales representative for The Blind Maker, Austin, TX, she deals daily with window professionals facing situations just like you.
Tickets for the session will be $45 in advance or $55 at the door. Seating is limited, pre-registration is recommended by calling (888) 298-9222. Sponsored by The Blind Maker.